In case you might be unfamiliar, the Books In The Freezer podcast is a show that discusses horror books and a little bit of movies and television each episode. The show is hosted by two booktubers, Rachel (from Shades Of Orange) and Stephanie (from That’s What She Read). Both are great channels that discuss not only horror but other genres of books that each host has been reading.
To celebrate their first anniversary of one year, they have decided to host a readathon. It runs from October 1st through to the 14th, and there are five challenges.
I have posted the challenges below along with the books I have chosen to participate. I’ve already binge watched the videos of everyone who has decided to participate on YouTube, and I can say that this readathon is already a lot of fun.
Now, however, it is time to stop watching videos and start reading, because the madness begins now!
1. Read a horror book by a female author:
2. Read a horror anthology or short story collection:
3. Read a horror book featuring or by an POC or LGBTQ+ person:
4. Read a horror book that has a movie adaptation:
5. Read a book we’ve recommended on the podcast: